Cambridge Institute of Technology was established in the year 2001 at Tatisilwai (16 kms from Ranchi, the capital of Jharkhand) as a preferred centre of scientific and technical education under the able and visionary guidance of Late Dr. Bahadur Singh- An Educationist & Social Reformer. The institute has been promoted by Cambridge Trust of India, a registered body under Indian Trust Act. The Board of Governors of the trust comprises of Educationists, Technocrats, Social Workers and Philanthropists. Since its establishment, the institute has grown and flourished rapidly and is today one of the most premier engineering institutes of the country. The institute is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) New Delhi, Government of Jharkhand and affiliated to Ranchi University, Ranchi. Cambridge Institute of Technology has a sprawling campus and the range of hillocks provides a scenic natural surrounding which is most suited for academic environment. The building house contains Academic Block, Administrative Block, Computer Laboratories, well equipped workshops, state-of-the-art well stocked library, Conference and seminar hall and student’s amenities like Lounge, gardens and well-laid playgrounds, physical education centre and canteen. There are many small, medium and large scale industries located in the vicinity which provides opportunities for practical training and placement of students. The institute produces versatile, innovative, entrepreneurial, globally competitive engineers imbued with high ethical standards and social responsibility and has established a reputation as an institution free from the evil of ragging.
The institute has tie ups with different private and government banks which provides education loan for the deserving candidates.
- E Kalyan: The Welfare Department running various schemes for the welfare of the backward classes and the SC/ST. A step towards achieve speedy, transparent & accountable governance. The system links all welfare departments, treasury, databases of Secondary Schools Certificate (SSC), colleges and banks to disburse scholarships. Processing of students' applications for scholarships, sanctioning and passing of bills for disbursement are enabled in the system.
- Pragati: A scheme of Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India in association with AICTE at providing assistance for advancement of girl participation in technical education."Empowering women through education" is implemented through a scholarship scheme amounting to Rs 20 Cr per annum towards tuition fees incidentals, for pursuing Technical education in AICTE approved institutions. This is an attempt to give every young woman the opportunity to further her education and prepare for a successful future.
- Saksham: Needy and meritorious students will be provided scholarship amounting to Rs 5 Cr per annum as tuition fees and incidentals for pursuing Technical education in AICTE approved Institutions. This is an attempt to give every young students who is otherwise specially abled, the opportunity to study further and prepare for a successful future. The scholarship money will ensure students with disabilities to achieve their college goals, despite learning issues, environmental challenges, or medical bills. These scholarships will help one thousand children per annum to pay for college tuition every year in addition to receiving Rs. 2000/- every month for ten months as incidentals each year.For more information visit:www.aicte-india.org
Note: Please note that every state provides scholarship in some form or other, students and parents are advised to go through the websites of their respective states to avail these scholarship.
UNDER GRADUATE PROGRAMMES
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Electrical & Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
POST GRADUATE PROGRAMMES
- Human Resource
- Mechanical Engineering(CAD/CAM)
- Civil Engineering(Structural)
For B. Tech. (4 Years) Course:
- Candidate should have obtained 45% (General Category) and 40% (Reserved Category) in PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics).
- JCECEB: Every year Govt of Jharkhand conducts common entrance examination for admission in various engineering colleges located in Jharkhand. Students who have qualified and secured good rank in the exam can opt for CIT during the counselling process.
- JEE (Main): JEE (Main) is conducted by CBSE at national level and a student who has appeared in the exam and has secured positive marks can apply. A merit list will be published after the JCECE counselling. Intermediate/10+2 Percentage: The remaining seats after taking admission through JCECEB & JEE (Main) will be filled up with such students on the basis of marks obtained at 10+2/Intermediate. Such students may fill up application form directly in the institute & their selection will be made on merit.
For B. Tech. Lateral Entry (3 Years) Course:
- Passed Diploma examination from an AICTE approved institution, with at least 50% marks (45% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in appropriate branch of Engineering/Technology.
- Passed B.Sc. Degree from a recognized University as defined by UGC, with at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) and passed XII standard with mathematics as a subject.
- Provided that in case of students belonging to B.Sc. stream, shall clear the subjects of Engineering Graphics / Engineering Drawing and Engineering Mechanics of the first year engineering program along with the second year subjects.
- Provided further that, the students belonging to B.Sc. Stream shall be considered only after filling the supernumerary seats in this category with students belonging to the Diploma stream.
- Provided further that students, who have passed Diploma in Engineering & Technology from an AICTE approved institution or B.Sc. Degree from a recognized University as defined by UGC, shall also be eligible for admission to the first year Engineering Degree courses subject to vacancies in the first year class in case the vacancies at lateral entry are exhausted. However the admission shall be based strictly on the eligibility criteria as mentioned above.
For M. Tech (2 Years) Course:
- GATE- Students who have secured good marks in GATE will be given preference during admission process.
- B.E./ B. Tech. or equivalent Degree in respective branches of Engineering & Technology with 50% marks (General Category) & 45% marks (Reserved Category) at the qualifying examination.
For MBA (2 Years) Course:
Candidates seeking for admission in MBA are required to obtain at least 50% (45% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category) at the qualifying examination/ Graduation level.
- Transport Facility
- Medical Facility
- Hostel and Mess
- Band and ATM
- Industrial Visit
For More Admission Related Queries,
Mobile: +91 9643733688