The Indian Institute of Forest Management is a sectoral management institute, which constantly endeavors to evolve knowledge useful for the managers in the area of Forest, Environment and Natural Resources Management and allied sectors. It disseminates such knowledge in ways that promote its application by individuals and organizations. IIFM has been established with the following objectives:
Provide training in management and related subjects for persons from the Indian Forest Service, Forest Departments, Forest Development Corporation and Forest related industries with a view to equip them to practice the art and profession of management of forestry development. Inculcate an appreciation in those selected for training, that conservation is of overriding importance in the management of living natural resources and that the primary role of forests is the vital ecological and environmental purpose they serve. Select and prepare outstanding and talented young persons for careers leading to management responsibility in forestry and the forest-related system. Meet the need of Indian forestry and forest-related industry and commerce in respect of upto-date information on forestry management through research, consulting and publication.
Assist, institute and carry out research in matters concerning the use of management and allied techniques and methods conducive to the development of forestry in the country. Institute awards, scholarships, fellowships, prizes and medals in accordance with the rules and bye-laws. Create patron ships, affiliations & other classes of professional or honorary membership or office, as the society may consider necessary.
IIFM has a record of 100% campus placement for all its batches.
Performance based scholarship: 20% students will receive merit scholarships of Rs. 5000/- per month based on their performance in the programme.
POST GRADUATE PROGRAMMES
|M.Phil. (Natural Resource Management)
FPM (Doctoral Level Program)
- Communication and Extension Management
- Ecosystem and Environment Management
- Environment and Developmental Economics
- Financial Management
- Human Resource Management
- Information Technology and Quantitative Techniques
- Marketing Management
- Sociology and Community Development
- Technical Forestry
POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
|Post Graduate Diploma in Forestry Management
- The minimum qualification for all candidates shall be Post Graduate degree/diploma or its equivalent with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks recognized by an Indian University or Association of Indian Universities (AIU). The relaxation of 5% marks at the Masters Degree (P.G) eligibility criterion shall be given to candidates belonging to SC/ST/PD category as per the guidelines of UGC.
- The candidates applying to M.Phil (NRM) programme should have post graduate degree or its equivalent in the field of Science/Engineering/ Management and related Social sciences. (The equivalence will be decided by the Institute).
- The candidates from outside India SAARC/Foreign countries who have obtained their masters degree from any university, outside India must provide the equivalence of the eligibility requirement which shall be 55% marks at masters Degree (PG level).
- A Bachelors Degree with at least 50 percent marks, and
- Masters degree (minimum two years prescribed duration after 10+2+3 years of formal education) in relevant discipline (relevancy has to be decided by the IIFM) with at least 55% marks including Five year/Four year Integrated masters Degree programme and with good academic records.
4 year/8 Semester B.Tech/ B.E with 60% Marks or Equivalent OGPA.
Professional qualification like CA, ICWA, and CS with at least 55% marks.
For IIFM Graduates, who have done PGDFM and IIM graduates who have done PGDM, the minimum OGPA of 3.00 in 4.33 maximum scales, is required.
For MRM Post graduates from IIFM, with 3.00 CGPA.
Note: For those qualifications where the above 4.33 scale is not available, the eligibility will be decided by the Equivalence Committee constituted by the Director, IIFM and its decision will be final.
- Applicants should have at least a three-year bachelor’s degree in any discipline obtained through the 10+2+3 system or an equivalent qualification recognised by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), with a minimum 50% aggregate marks (45% for SC/ST/DA) or equivalent CGPA. Candidates appearing for the final year graduation examination are also eligible to apply provided they complete it.
- Admission Procedure: Apply and appear for CAT 2015 or XAT 2016 examination. IIFM will use CAT 2015 ro XAT 2016 score for short listing the Candidates. IIMs/XLRI have no role either in the selection process or in the conduct of the programme.
- Fee: IIFM provides hight quality education at reasonable cost and total fee (tution + Hostel) for the entire program is Rs. 4,80,000/- for General/Non-Creamy OBC/DA, Rs 2,88,000/- for SC/ST candidates.
- Total Intake: 120
Apply to IIFm Separately in one of the following ways:
- Online- through www.iifm.ac.in/pgdfm or www.mponline.gov.in/portal/services/iifm/frmhome Page.aspx and remit the fee through debit card/credit card/net banking.
- through MP online authorised KOSK centre webiste and remit the requisite fee in cash.
- Download the application form from IIFM's website and send filled in form with the requisite fee.
- obtain admission bulletin and the application form personally or by post by sending a demand draft of Rs. 1,000/- (Rs. 500/- for SC/ST).
Last date for Submission of Application:
- For CAT Applicants: 10th Feb,18
- For XAT Applicants: 20th Feb,18
GD/interviews will be held at Bhopal, Bengaluru, New Delhi and Kolkata.
For More Admission Related Queries,
Mobile: +91 9643733688