UNDER GRADUATE PROGRAMMES
B.A., LL.B. (Hons.)
POST GRADUATE PROGRAMMES
POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
P.G. Diploma in:
- Judging & Court Management
- IPR and Patent Law
- Urban Environmental Management
B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) 5- Years:
Admission to the First Year of the 5-Year B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) Degree Programme is made strictly on merit, based on the All India Entrance Examination.
To be eligible for admission in the B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) Degree Programme, the candidate should:
a) Have passed the Higher Secondary School Examination (10+2) system or an equivalent examination thereto securing in the aggregate not less than 50% of the total marks. The Eligibility condition for admission of students under the Foreign Nationals Category shall be 65% marks in the Higher Secondary School Examination of (10+2) system or an equivalent examination.
b) Have been selected at the All India Entrance Test held by NATIONAL LAW UNIVERSITY, DELHI.
c) Be less than 21 years of age on the First day of July of the year of admission. However, in cases of SC or ST candidates the maximum age limit shall be 23 years as on the above date.
d) Candidates awaiting results of the qualifying examination can also appear for the test on condition that they produce proof of having passed the qualifying examination with the prescribed marks at the time of interview. Those who do not clear the qualifying examination with the requisite marks will not be considered for admission. Candidates whose statement of marks of the qualifying examination is not available at the time of the interview are not eligible for admission. The University reserves the right to cancel the admission of any candidate in accordance with rules. Candidates who get compartment in any subject in the qualifying examination are not eligible for admission in that year.
Note: The admission of foreign nationals however, shall be made based on satisfying the prescribed academic qualifications. They are exempted from taking the admission test. The other rules regarding the eligibility for admission will be applicable as applicable to other candidates. The annual tuition fee shall be in Indian rupees equivalent to 5,000 US Dollars for candidates from SAARC countries and US Dollars 10,000 for students from other countries.
To be eligible to appear for admission to LL.M Programme, a candidate should have passed the LL.B or an equivalent degree from a recognised University with not less than 55% marks in aggregate (50% in case of reserved categories, i.e. SC/ST/Persons with Disability).
The admission for Foreign Nationals shall be made on the basis of:
- academic record of LL.B. or equivalent Degree recognized by UGC/ Association of Indian Universities with not less than 55% marks or equivalent grade.
- Assessment of necessary communication skills in written and spoken English and performance at the interview in terms of aptitude and capacity.
To be admitted to the candidature for a Doctoral degree an applicant shall have:
- obtained a Master's Degree in law of any recognised university securing not less than 55% marks or its equivalent Or
- obtained a degree in law and Masters Degree with M. Phil in social sciences or humanities of any recognised university with not less than 55% marks or its equivalent Provided that candidates with qualifications in social sciences and humanities may be admitted to the programme if the research they wish to pursue interface with the discipline of law with a special focus on Public Policy or Law. Or
- Degree in law and Ph.D. in any discipline. Or
- Judge of any State High Court in India with three years experience or Judge of Supreme Court of India.
The Vice-Chancellor may permit a member of the NLU, Delhi faculty to take up Ph.D. Degree course along with his / her teaching assignment in the interest of faculty improvement on the condition that his / her teaching and other responsibilities are not hampered in any way provided such candidates fulfills the conditions prescribed in the Ph.D. Regulations.
Open to all graduates/ Working professionals with a minimum of two years experience in the relevant field. The admission will be granted on the basis of merit. Fresh graduates can also apply. However, the admission will be granted strictly on a merit basis, subject to the discretion of selection committee.
Last Date For Submission Of Applications : Jan,2019
Date For All India Law Entrance Test(AILET) : 5th May,19 (3 PM to 4:30 PM)
Admission to B.A.LL.B.(Hons.), LL.M and Ph.d Programmes will be through AILET to be conducted at Amritsar,Banglore, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Cuttack, Delhi, Gandhinagar, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Jammu, Jodhpur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Patna, Raipur and Varanasi on May 5,2019 (Sunday).
For More Admissions Related Queries,
Mobile: +91 9643733688