Vellore, a district capital in Tamil Nadu, has long been known for its stately fort and temple, renowned hospital and medical college, Parry's factories and the vast government industrial estate in nearby Ranipet. Vellore's history records several dynasties and powers. The Pallavas, Cholas, Pandyas, Hoysalas, Sambhurvarayars, Chalukyas, Vijayanagar, Bijapur Sultans, Mughals, Marathas, French and the British have all ruled the area at one point of time or the other. The twenty or more palaces and forts in the district reflect ancient styles and traditions. The most striking of these is the famous Vellore Fort, built in the 16th Century by Chinna Bommi Nayak of Vijayanagar. The fort was declared a national monument in 1992.
The Jalakandeswara Temple inside the fort is an imposing example of Vijayanagar architecture. The temple, now renovated, is known for its exquisite sculptures. There are scores of other temples and shrines in the area. Among these, the ancient rock-cut Jain cave temples attract heritage enthusiasts from all over the world for their rich art and beautiful sculpture. Not far away, the remains of the Arcot Fort and the magnificent entrance that Robert Clive named the Delhi Gate are reminders of Clive's successful defence of Arcot in 1751 and his uncanny prediction that, with this victory would begin the march from this gate to Delhi.
UNDER GRADUATE PROGRAMMES
- Bioinformatics, Bio-Medical Engineering, Biotechnology, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, Information Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical (Spec in Automotive Engineering), Mechanical (Spec in Chemical Process Engineering), Mechanical (Spec in Energy Engineering)
- Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
B.Com. (Computer Applications)
B.Sc. (Multimedia & Animation)
B.Sc. (Computer Science)
POST GRADUATE PROGRAMMES
- Automotive Engineering – in collaboration with ARAI, Pune
- Automotive Engineering with specialization in Engine Technology (jointly with ARAI & Industry)
- CAD / CAM
- Energy & Environmental Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Power Electronics and Drives
- Control and Automation
- Information Technology - Networking
- Software Technology
- Software development & Management (Cognizant Employees)
- Automotive Electronics in collaboration with TIFAC-CORE industry partners
- Communication Engineering
- Sensor Systems Technology
- VLSI Design
- Embedded Systems
- Computer Science
- Applied Microbiology
- Biomedical Genetics
- Chemistry (Organic / Inorganic / Analytical / General)
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
M. B. A. (Vellore & Chennai Campuses)
- Producation & Operations
- International Business
- Business Analytics
M. B. A. (International Business)
M.S. (By Research)
M.Phil (Full-Time & Part-time)
M.S. Information Technology (For employees of WIPRO Limited)
M.Sc. Biotechnology (5 Year Integrated)
M.S. Software Engineering (5 Year Integrated)
Ph.D. (Full-Time & Part-time)
For B. Tech:
Nationality : The applicant for admission should be a Resident / Non Resident Indian National.
Qualifying Examination :
- Candidates appearing for the VITEEE-2018 should have either completed or shall be appearing in 2018, in any one of the following qualifying examinations:
- The final examination of the 10+2 system of Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State Board; Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE, New Delhi) The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination -ISCE, New Delhi.
- Intermediate or Two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/Cambridge/Srilanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- As per VIT Norms, NIOS candidates are eligible to appear for the VITEEE-2018.
Candidates who have studied in Regular, Full Time and Formal Education are alone eligible to apply
Eligibility Criteria in the Qualifying Examination :
- Candidates appearing for the VITEEE in 2018 should have secured an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate).
- The average marks obtained in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology (PCM / PCB) in +2 (or its equivalent) put together should be 50% for the following categories :
•Candidates belonging to SC/ST.
•Candidates hailing from Jammu and Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura.
- CERTIFICATE TO PROVE NATIVITY should be produced at the time of counselling, failing which they will not be considered for admission.
- Candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are eligible for all the B.Tech. Programmes.
- Candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology are eligible for B.Tech. Bio-Medical Engineering and Biotechnology programmes. They are also eligible for B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering (Spec. in Bioinformatics) but after joining, registering Mathematics as bridge course is mandatory.
Age Limit : Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 1996 are eligible to apply for VITEEE-2018. The date of birth as recorded in the High School / SSC / X Certificate will be considered authentic. Candidates should produce this certificate in original as a proof of their age at the time of counselling, failing for which they will be disqualified.
For B.Tech :
- Group - A- Biotechnology, Biomedical, Computer Science and Engg (Spec. in Bioinformatics), Civil, Mechanical with specialization in Energy Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Production and Industrial Engineering, Information Technology,Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
Total fees to be paid for the first year : Rs 1,76,000
- Group - B - Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Mechanical with specialization in Automotive Engineering
Total fees to be paid for the first year : Rs 1,98,000
- Cost of Offline Application Form : Rs.1200/-
- Cost of Online Application Form : Rs.1200/-
► Click here to Apply Online
- Issue of Application Form: 1st November 2017
- Last Date to Apply Online: 28th February 2018 To Extend up to 15th March 2018
- Last Date to Edit Application form (Applicable Only for Online Applicants) : 28th February Extend Upto 15th March
- Date of Exam : 4th April 2018 to 15th April 2018
For More Admission Related Queries,
Mobile: +91 9643733688