| Utrecht University
Utrecht University has a long history. Long-established gardens, old buildings and historical street names remind us of the University's earlier periods. Utrecht University focuses on the future, but at the same time values its past, keeping and cherishing its history in library collections, museums, accessible databases and active historiography.
Best Dutch University: Its quality is evidenced by the good results of research assessments and our outstanding performance in international rankings. In the 2011 Shanghai Academic Ranking of the world’s leading universities, Utrecht University rated as best in the Netherlands, 12th in Europe and 48th worldwide. Furthermore, Utrecht University researchers excel in winning individual research grants from the Dutch Organization for Scientific Research (NWO), such as the Spinoza Prize.
Collaboration inside and outside the University: The diversity of Utrecht University's fundamental and applied research has inspired multi-disciplinary research collaborations with partners both from inside and outside the University. These partnerships foster innovative research and contribute to economic development and the solution of social issues. The University is member of prestigious international networks such as the League of European Research Universities (LERU).
Research focus: To further stimulate its excellence in research, Utrecht University centres on 15 thematic clusters of research. These research focus areas consist of multidisciplinary clusters bringing together top-class research groups in each thematic field. Through these research themes Utrecht University wishes to foster solutions to social issues such as climate change, infectious diseases, the ageing population, and public health.
Nurturing Talent: Top research demands excellent researchers. That is why talented scientists at Utrecht University are given every opportunity to develop new research lines. To attract and stimulate new talent various projects have been set up. Good examples are grants for inter-disciplinary research programmes conducted by Utrecht’s ‘High Potential’ scientists and coaching programmes to assist in the application for external research funding.
- Law, Economics and Governance
- Social and Behavioural Sciences
- Veterinary Medicine
- Centre for teaching and learning
- University College
- Roosevelt Academy
Utrecht University offers a versatile range of programmes, courses and trainings. These are not only of interest to University students, but also to secondary school pupils, professionals and seniors.
Utrecht University offers the following programmes:
- Undergraduate programmes: the first phase of a university degree, focusing on developing academic skills.
- Graduate programmes: the second phase of a university degree, in which students specialize in a chosen field of study.
- PhD programmers’: the third phase of a university degree, in which candidates conduct scientific research, culminating in a dissertation defense.
- Curricular programmes: regular courses for students, some of which can also be attended by other interested people.
- Minors: a coherent package of courses relating to a certain field of study, which can be taken as part of the undergraduate programme.
- Programmes and courses for professionals: intended for professionals, including part-time programmes, graduate programmes, post-graduate and contract courses.
- Courses & workshops: intended for a wide variety of groups and relating to language, study counselling, science and culture.
For More Admissions Related Queries,
Mobile: +91 9811626380
Phone: +91-11-22378630; +91-11-22378631